Everything You Need To Know About Dubai Dolphinarium
Spread over a 54,000 sq. ft. area, the Dubai Dolphinarium sits in the heart of the Creek Park, near Children’s City. This fully air-conditioned indoor attraction is the first-ever of its kind in the Middle East. It not only provides habitat to dolphins and seals but also lets visitors watch and interact with these loveable mammals. Read on to find out what you can do and what to expect at the Dubai Dolphinarium.
Dubai Dolphinarium at a Glance
- Dubai Dolphinarium is accessible all year round and is open from 10 AM - 7:30 PM from Monday to Saturday.
- The easiest way to get there is to take a taxi from wherever you are. Dubai RTA taxis are easily available at any spot in the city, however, you can also opt for a Careem or an Uber. If you’re planning on taking the metro, the closest station is Dubai Healthcare City on the Green Line Route, from where you can reach the venue in about 5 minutes by taxi or less than 15 minutes by walk. Walking is a great option if you’re visiting during winter, but for summer, taxis are your best bet.
- Dubai Dolphinarium provides a safe and hygienic experience for guests and employees by following the UAE COVID-19 Safety Protocols. In addition to temperature checks, social distancing, and the wearing of masks inside the venue, sanitizers are available everywhere, the arena seats are sanitized after every show, and seating follows a ‘2 seats apart protocol.’ There are also signs everywhere to ensure that guests follow all safety protocols. Restaurants within the Dolphinarium also follow strict safety procedures and allow only limited seating.
Why Visit Dubai Dolphinarium?
Over the years, this unique attraction has grown in popularity among residents and tourists. It provides an unforgettable experience where guests not only get to watch, but also interact with some of the most beautiful, joyful, and exotic creatures of the sea. Imagine being able to play with a dolphin in real life, doesn’t that sound like an unforgettable experience? The interactive shows include a live Dolphin and Seal Show, Swim with Dolphins experience at Dolphin Planet, and an Exotic Bird Show, where you can find an array of the most fascinating and majestic species of birds. If that’s not enough, you can also check out the Trampoline, Mirror Maze, and 5D & 7D Cinema, to complete your visit.
A Detailed Look at Dubai Dolphinarium
Known initially by its trade name Sea Magic Recreational Service, Dubai Dolphinarium opened in May 2008. This large indoor attraction started off as a fun outing for families and is now one of the most beloved tourist attractions in Dubai. First-ever of its kind, and with over 40,000 visitors every year, the Dubai Dolphinarium is home to an exotic spread of sea creatures and birds, providing a memorable experience for all its visitors.
Dubai Dolphinarium Activities and Shows
Don’t miss out on the only dolphin and seal show in the Middle East at the Dubai Dolphinarium and watch these adorable creatures perform tricks and stunts.
Timings: Show timings are at 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 6:00 PM from Monday to Saturday for a 45-minute show.
The Exotic Bird Show is unlike any other you may have seen. Here, aside from getting to view the most exotic and enthralling array of birds from all over the world, you also get to have an interactive experience with them!
Timings: Shows take place at 12:15 PM, 3:15 PM, and 7:15 PM from Monday to Saturday.
Indulge in a unique experience where you get to swim, dance, and play with dolphins. These majestic creatures are loving, friendly, and will take you on an unforgettable adventure.
Timings: Slots are available at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM, and 4:00 PM from Monday to Saturday.
Other Activities & Facilities
- Mirror Maze: Get lost in the fun mirror maze and try to find your way out! This unique challenge provides a labyrinth of life-size mirrors to create an exciting and confusing pathway for you and your family or friends.
- Trampoline: Jumping around on a trampoline is a fun way to exercise your muscles and get those happy juices flowing. The trampoline inside the dolphinarium is another fun activity waiting to be explored by you and is open to people of all ages!
- 5D & 7D Cinema: Immerse yourself in a life-like cinema experience at the 5D & 7D Cinemas, where you get some amazing physical effects while watching an array of 3D footage. You can enjoy the 5D Cinema Movie Ride or the 7D Cinema Shooting game or both. This fun group activity will take you to the next level of cinema-viewing!
- Gift Shop: The gift shop at Dubai Dolphinarium has a wide range of souvenirs, toys, t-shirts, and gifts at affordable prices. Take back a souvenir with you that you can always treasure.
- Photo Shop: Don’t forget to capture your memorable moments at the Dolphinarium and then head on over to the Photo Shop to get a digital or physical copy of your photos. The photography team will be there to let you know all the different poses you can capture with the seals, dolphins, and exotic birds.
- Restaurant: Enjoy the mouth-watering flavors of Asia at Happy Valley Restaurant inside the Dubai Dolphinarium. The restaurant is affordable and serves a wide range of Asian-inspired dishes, with a mix of hot & cold beverages, snacks, and
meals. The restaurant is also open to visitors who have not booked a ticket for the dolphinarium and simply want to get a whiff of the vibe inside. You can also pre-book the restaurant for large groups.